In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1603
Online now 318 Record: 6475 (12/7/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1. 4-5 yards a carry, and a 75% conversion rate on 3rd and less then 4.
2. No Akron pass plays over 25 yards
3. Pig Howard more involved in the Offense
4. Bonner or Gray make a play at CB
5. Make a FG over 45 yards.
1. Bonner and Mcneil get to play a lot
2. Pig get atleast 10 touches, along with Q
3. A more even run to pass ratio
4. Special teams score
5. Neal break one for 25+
Formally known as govols011 - follow me on twitter @C_Dillard6
I would add. No missed PATs.
I'll take one of what he's having. +1
Correction...I'll take one of what everyone is having!!!
This post was edited by tnbear66 19 months ago
I would also like to see Devrin get more involved in this offense. Maybe a few screens or flares from the backfield or possibly even lined up in the slot. Devrin has shown excellent vision in open field and I think this would be a great wrinkle in the offense. I just don't understand how he has gotten so much praise in practices, yet can't seem to find the field come game time!!
I'd like to see...
1. Our special teams bring back a return to the house.
2. Lots of freshmen making plays on offense and defense.
3. 5+ yards a carry.
4. No drops
5. No 20+ yard plays against the secondary.
"I'm like Wes." --Ryan Callahan
Staff writer for govols247 — http://www.twitter.com/RyanCallahan247 — email@example.com
And I want to see old man football. Heck I'd settle for some good ole Bill Walsh football. Put Bray under center and run until it opens the pass game. Even though thats not needed, we do need to keep improving on runs. I know it'll never happen but I'd like to see no passes thrown pass 7 yards. Make the drives long and methodical. Build some inner fortitude and patience on the offense.
This post was edited by RattlerVolJdII 19 months ago
2013. Team 117. Beginning of the new Era.
Good start for game goals. What about sacks/hurries? By the way, I'll let you know how many wild monkeys come flying out of my butt when we make a FG over 45 yards.
1. Devrin more involved
2. Progress with breakdowns on Defense.
3. Like to see containment on the edges improve
4. No missed FGs or Extra points
5. For Rucker to tell McCullers his head is the size of medicine ball
This post was edited by wataugavol 19 months ago
Where do I send the bill for a new laptop? I just spit coffee all over my keyboard. +1...I am still laughing.
+1 for your list especially #5. I think we could turn this into a fundraiser if we sold tickets and gave it posthumously to the charity of Wes's choice.
1). A Complete Game Played By The Offense, Defense & Special Teams & Coached by the Coaches.
2). A Complete Game Played By The Offense, Defense & Special Teams & Coached by the Coaches.
3). A Complete Game Played By The Offense, Defense & Special Teams & Coached by the Coaches.
4). A Complete Game Played By The Offense, Defense & Special Teams & Coached by the Coaches.
5). A Complete Game Played By The Offense, Defense & Special Teams & Coached by the Coaches.
Meaning, the offense runs well, passes well, blocks well and dictates the offensive pace they want to run. The defense shows better absorbsion of the new defensive system with no blown plays due to miscommunication, tackles well, preasures the QB, consistently shut down the run and provides much improved passing defense. The Special Teams players kick well (Don't Miss a PAT!!), punts consistently well and provides good kick coverage. The coaches don't somehow forget the running game, they coach to win, not to not lose and manage the game well. I don;t expect a perfect game, just a game where I can see that all aspects fo the game were played well. No glaring drop off in any one aspect of the game.
This Akron team can really frustrate a D.
1. Run the ball.
2. Check the ball down to TEs and RBs
3. When you do throw it deep it should be when you have an advantage and not 5+ a game.
4. CB and DB play......must improve. Press coverage/ aggressive/ proper angles
5. Bat a few balls down.........Akron will get the ball out very fast. LB drop off into passing lanes
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports