In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1321
Online now 1220 Record: 6475 (12/7/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Well pastor I personally would never yell at you for no liking the coach but ill tell you why I can get excited about CBJ.
1) He has won coach of the year award. Not everybody wins this. Gotta be good to win it.
2) He WANTS to be here. Has turned down three better jobs than he has right now for a chance to be a VOL. makes a world of difference in my mind.
3) the man has won EVERYWHERE he has been, as a Head coach not a cord.
4) the man has a lot of players from our recruiting grounds on his team which tells me he can recruit the southern states. I think he can get the "better" players for UT.
5) He will work his tail off to win at UT. Everything I have read about him people that know him say he puts in 120% to get better. I can live with that effort.
6) He's not Kiffin or Dooley.
Hope this helps pastor.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by Vollogan33 16 months ago
Wow. What a fantastic post! This gets my vote for post of the year.
Awesome post! Keep up the good work.
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
I had to give a +1 for the drunk girl with her boobs hanging out reference.
You hardly ever upvote? What do you save them for, Christmas?
That's like taking time outs to the dressing room. Spread the love!
Nice try buddy. So now it's the fans fault for where we are. How dare we support our alma mater or (gasp) supported Dooley while he was our coach. Get a grip.
You can be supportive and still call a spade a spade. UT trying to be Stanford at the cost of the football program is unacceptable. UT hiring a guy with a losing record from Louisiana Tech is unacceptable. UT getting turned down publicly and used to get raises by coaches at OSU and Louisville is not acceptable. You can support the school and support the players 100% and not try to pretend the administration is doing just a bang up job in every aspect.
Damn good attitude,I'm on board with who ever they hire. Why would you not support the new coach? Fla and the dawgs have had down years and yet their stadiums are always full. Both fan bases whine with the best of them. But they still support the team. The team is the players who bust their ass for the Vols 12 months a year. I will be there. Count on it !
Why are not going after the real butch Jesus he's fine c,eared
How many years have you contributed to Athletic Dept? How many season tickets to you have? Just interested.
lol I never downvote either, I think it is totally disrespectful to do that to anyones post.
Amen! Welcome Coach Jones! Go Vols!
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports