In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1230
Online now 1231 Record: 6475 (12/7/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
the University of Tennessee kick a fg instead of going for it on 4th and goal down that much. You deserve more than moral victories, you're better than that. Down vote me, cuss me, do whatever.....in your hearts you know I'm right. Good luck guys and get back soon. The SEC is better when you're strong.
I saw it in 1994 under Coach Fulmer...down 31-0 vs Florida, we tried a short field goal at the end of the game and missed. Just trying to keep it from being a shutout I suppose.
"99% of all failures have the habit of making excuses." - GW Carver
Prohibiting a shut out is 1 thing. The scenario last night is inexplicable, unless Dooley had put $$$ on the Over.
Honoring the greatest coach of all-time ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Neyland
My thought is he wanted to get Palardy even more confidence going into the rest of the season. He knows Worley isn't playing the rest of the way and he could get a starter a shot at continual improvement?
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
Unless Bray finally performs well next week, I wouldn't be surprised if Worley doesn't start after SCar. Or before.
I'm officially at a total loss on just about everything @ this point...
1. end of the game FG...man-up and see if you can put it in the freakin endzone against AL's 2nd & 3rd teams?!?!
2. what the heck was that call on 3rd & 1 & we pass the ball when Bray was playing so poorly...pound the d&mn rock. If you can't get 1 lousy yard in 2 attempts, then pack your toys & go home. I don't care if it's #1 AL, come on!
3. very basic breakdowns on defense...know some of it's the "growing pains" of the 3-4 switch, but again, come on!
4. based on a couple tweets from Wes and text messages I got from friends @ the game, I don't know if we've seen an opponent contingent in Neyland as large as last night (maybe Fulmer's last game vs Bama?). Embarrassing plain & simple...not to mention the obvious lack of Orange vs crimson that was more than apparent on ESPN at the end of the game!
5. increasingly more concerned on the impact on recruiting...fan apathy, being embarrassed on nat'l TV AGAIN, all the talk about coaching change.
6. and the huge challenge of another coaching change. I've made this point before...I'm trying to support this coaching staff, BUT we've got to see some results coach. If a change takes place, it's gotta be a game-changer hire plain & simple. A lateral hire does nothing, nadda, zip! Virtually all of the names being kicked around are lateral guys. If we go down that road, we'll be back here in 3yrs pulling our hair out AGAIN! I know it's a longshot, pipedream (call it what you want), but it's gotta be somone like a Gruden. As another poster noted...it's gotta be "Saban-esque" and there are very few, and I mean very few, that reach that threshold.
Great post my friend.
Joke of a call...seriously, wtf?
That's exactly what I was thinking....I mean a touchdown or field goal is 44-17 really much different than 44-13, or is it more important to give Palardy a chance to gain more confidence by getting him an opportunity to kick in a FG without the game on the line to build him up for one when the game is on the line.
Give me a break...Palardy has been here how long and we still have to worry about his confidence? That's a joke as was that play call!!
Nice post MLM. +1
IT TAKES NO TALENT TO HUSTLE
Good one MLm +1
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports