In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Saving plenty of spots for next year!
This post was edited by atlemoryvol 17 months ago
I'm drawing a blank. Who is Lee?
Other than him, I think you're spot on. Would be happy with that class.
Jabo Lee. 2 threads on him already
Ahh, I see that now. First I've heard of him but sounds optimistic.
Actually, I should caveat my "happy with that class" statement by saying, as long as we sign 2-3 stud O-linemen and 1-2 stud running backs in 2014. If not, we're in trouble.
If we close with that I say great! If you added Lawson, Bellamy or Boyd it would be sweet but we HAVE to get at least what your list is.
I think Lawson will end up at AU. He has stayed committed for a reason (as his Dad said) and they get the final visit.
Bellamy really likes UGA. The oregon trip is just for fun. If he is willing to not sign on Wednesday in order to see if Grantham leaves or not, that tells you how much he likes UGA.
Boyd - just no way his mom lets him leave home. She hated him visiting WVU and is not with him on this visit. Unfortunately, I dont think it matters how much he likes it in Knox this weekend.
Ford - I think there is still a chance here. I think he personally really likes UT, and he realized the great opportunity he has as the only RB coming to play next year and be the starter as a sophomore. But there is a ton of pressure on him, in his house and around him, to go to Auburn. I think with a few days of no 1-on-1 with UT coaches, he will give in to the pressure.
I would take this and be pleased.
Who do you guys think we will finish with? Try to be realistic.
I like your list... I think there is a descent chance we get Boyd tho. He has to be buying into what the coaches are selling to visit the last weekend. Ford or Lawson would be icing on the cake, but I doubt we get either.
But I really wish mom would have visited with him.
I hear ya. It's obvious no matter what Momma wants him at Pitt, but ultimately it is his decision. Need the SEC success brand to come through here.
Good point. I hope youre right!
I would probably take that and run right now........just wish we would land Lawson but thats hard to see. I would take Bellamy in a heart beat right now and run to NSD w/out Lawson but that one looks like UGA even IF Grantham bolts IMO. Doubt he waits til after NSD. I just need to accept we come up short at DE, DT, LB and OT this year and an elite RB. We cant miss on these next year + have to get lucky with EEs and jucos that is no guarantee each year to get for key positions of need.
Good points. Im not sure we come up short this year though at DE. I would love to have Lawson and Bellamy yes, but we have Carr (who is a freak), and adding the speed of Brown is a good get.
At LB, getting Levenberry would be huge. If we could somehow steal Trey Johnson, I would take that LB class along with Vereen. Remember, we are back to a 4-3 now.
We are def short at DT if we dont get a ton in 2014. And we were just one OT away this year of having a solid Oline class. Hopefully we can find a JUCO next year that can come in and play immediately.
Mike Ferrell on Rivals just said that UT and Auburn feel great about Ford. Said Dad is an Auburn fan, kid loves UT. Its 50-50.
OTs for 2014:
Posey- yet to play really and will not probably in 2013
Sanders- 2013 class....so he will be a RS FR
Thats it! Kerbyson might be able to slide out to OT but that is a scary depth chart and why Skipper or ? was so valuable to this class
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by SamVolsam 17 months ago
DE is just as scary for 2014 as OT in that we have 2 for 2014 on the roster and basically 3 including Carr at DT that I think are SEC material. 2013 class was key for OT, DE, and DT
A few questions:
1. How many does it look like we'll be able to sign next year?
2. If we don't sign a full class this year, can we backcount any 2014 early enrollees?
3. How many of each position does it look Luke we will need for 2014?
4. Are we pretty much set in the secondary if we get Todd Kelly, Wharton, and the Berry twins?
5. Are there any current players who we can afford to redshirt?
6. What are the chances that O'Brien and Carr are three year starters at DT?
Staff writer for govols247 — http://www.twitter.com/RyanCallahan247 — email@example.com
1. Only a pure guess right now would be 27-30
2. Yes.......as long as you sign less than 25 the prior year and have EEs for the next class (2014) you can
3. OT, RB, LB, DT, DE will be key in the 2014 class.
4. 1 of the Berry twins is a S maybe........the other a WR.......1 is a bit bigger than the other IIRC and could be a SS/WLB eventually. TKjr is key. Prob need an elite CB
5. Tough to call right now. Normally those are OL, DL, and QBs but I am sure there will be others too
6. There is a chance considering we only have those 2 and Saulsberry really for 2014 but depends on elite jucos and a lot can happen in the next few years. Could see Carr play some SDE early but IMO he is a DT
I like your list. Very realistic, but think there might be a few other 3*'s who join us too.....That being said....I say we finish with 27 this year.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports