In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1230
Online now 1081 Record: 6475 (12/7/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
(only postive things please/ things you appreciated......we get Dooley is gone)
1. Dooley's press conferences......some classic gems
2. The Orange pants...he was a huge VFL
3. He brought us: Tiny, Hunter, CP, Stone, Maggitt, AJ, BR, McCullers, Couch, and Pig, and still a bunch from the 2011/ 2012 classes that IMO still have a great chance to impress us like OBrien, Croom, Bowles, Lewis, Bynum, Bonner, Kerbyson, Crowder etc.
4. He brought us one heck of an offense...top 3 easily in UT history....maybe #1. This just 2 seasons after he came her in Jan 2010.
5. He brought us the VFL program which I hope continues and more importantly improves
6. He tried to get the right shade of Orange and our players uniforms to match
7. He brought us Hinshaw, Chaney, Pittman and Jay Graham
8. He took the job when not many would and he worked his tail off trying to get us rebuilt with quality kids...I know we paid him well but a number of coaches would not come here for a lot more at the time
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by SamVolsam 17 months ago
Great post. I agree 100%. Gonna miss the guy, but you gotta show that you can win in this league in a short period of time. He embraced everything that UT was and has made us a better team. Always gonna be grateful for the years he was here and the things that he was able to accomplish.
Point 3 is why I hate when people say ge can't recruit at a high level. It is absurd. I think he should go, but you add Green/Turman and North to this class (likely if we had won out), and the offense would be great again year after next.
You forgot about his perfect hair.
This post was edited by ADunc 17 months ago
Everything about him off the field and nothing on the field.
Well, perhaps a little more than "nothing on the field." But, for the most part, agreed.
If we were hiring him as a part of the next administration all over again (w/o the current baggage), I think he'd make a great TE Coach & Recruitment Coordinator with VFL development responsibilities. He's an excellent representative of this program and really 'gets' the pride of being a VOL.
I'll miss him.
I really don't think we could ask for someone who isn't a Vol to come in and embrace the traditions and "become" a Vol better than Coach Dooley did. We definitely could do a lot worse in that aspect with the next coach.
I agree with a lot of you Dooley has worked his tail off for this team and he is a good guy. If he goes I hope some of his programs continue.
That's a great list SV. +1 I'm gonna miss his candidness, his respect for and restoration of the UT traditions, his Southern drawl and his always entertaining analogies. I'll miss the classiness he always exuded while representing the Big Orange. I'll miss pulling hard for him to break through and finally show off all of the progress he made during his tenure. Lastly, I'll miss that sense of stability in the program, albeit very brief. GO VOLS!
P.S. I started this post at about 2 am this morning after taking my ambien to go to sleep. Never made it all the way through without falling asleep and having my wife wake me up at 4 am and sending me to bed. Just now got to hit the post button.
This post has been edited 3 times, most recently by OrangeNCarolina 17 months ago
BUTCH IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. GO VOLS!
Actually he retained Chaney, who came to Tennessee as part of Kiffin's staff.
True.......props for doing so..........maybe the timing helped it but he kept him the 2nd go around too.
This concerns me a bit. We need you at full strength the next few months......it could be a heck of a ride on the board. Get your rest.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports