In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1725
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
I picked the absolute wrong weekend for a vacation. But oh well. Headed to Destin today. Any suggestions of food or activities?
As a Destin resident, I got all the info you need. You tell me if you want kid friendly, no kids, gulf front dining, harbor dining, off the beaten path dining. Tell me what you're looking for and I can tell you where I go.
I was there during the NCST game. I watched the game at Harry T's. They put it on the projector. Great atmosphere right on the water.
Love me some Harry T's. Also McGuire's across the street is really good.
I always make sure to make it to AJ's for a night. And definitely make it into Baytowne to Rum Runners, the piano bar if that's the atmosphere you're looking for, it never disappoints.
McGuire's is my favorite bar in Destin, I live in panama city but if your looking for kids places I couldnt really help you with that.
Formally known as govols011 - follow me on twitter @C_Dillard6
Nope, no youngin's on this trip. I'd like off the beaten path type places. Those are my favorite.
This post was edited by 5for3 19 months ago
I picked up Crust Pizzeria my last time in Destin and it was one of the best pizzas I've ever had. I've been to Italy, NY, and Chicago and this was right up there as one of my favorites.
- There's a place off 30-A called The Red Bar that a lot of people like. It's kind of a New Orleans cajun/jazzy type place.
- There's a place on the north side of the Choctaw Bay on Hwy. 20 (between Niceville and Freeport) called Nick's Seafood. It's a nice hole in the wall type place. The family are HUGE Auburn fan's, but at least it's not Florida or Bama!!!!
- It's not really a hole in the wall, but my favorite seafood in Destin is at Dewey Destin's on the Bay. It's about 200ft off of Hwy 98 right before you cross the Destin Bridge and kinda behind McGuires. The fried shrimp there is my favorite meal in Destin.
- There is UT Alumni hotspot on Okaloosa Island on gamedays called Anglers. They have been able to purchase a corner of the second floor and paint it orange and white and that's where the local alumni, and a lot of other fans go to watch the game. I have been a few times and really enjoyed it, but I tend to stay home and watch the game with a few friends.
- I have a friend that owns a Italian restaurant in Santa Rosa Beach called Christiano's. It is AMAZING!!! I think they even do a half price pizza on Wednesdays.
- A few doors down from Christiano's is another friend owned restaurant called 98 BBQ. It's one of my favorite BBQ places in town.
- Harry T's down on the Harbor is one of the best sunset views in town. Simply amazing!
- There's also a ton of places up and down Hwy 30A that I don't visit because I'm pretty cheap and I have small children.
If you want to ask me about particular places feel free to inbox me or to give this thread a bump to the top.
Fat Clemenza's is the best pizza I have ever had. Awesome. That's my suggestion.
National Director of Scouting & Recruiting Analyst
Oh yeah..Fat Clemenza's has a great brick oven pizza. Chef Clovis is actually a friend of mine too. He's a brazilian cooking some great italian food.
Bayou bills on 98 is pretty tasty! Touristy,,, but pretty tasty!
Busters across from the outlet mall is a pretty good sports bar! They usually have orysters on the half shell for like $2.99 a dozen or something pretty cheap.
GO BIG ORANGE!!
Yall are awesome. +1 to all!
Stinkys Fish Camp is hard to beat! Its off 30A in Santa Rosa. Its a bit of a drive but well worth it! However be ready to have a wait.
Ditto to Busters' oysters on the half shell...you won't beat them anywhere else that I am aware of.
Can't believe there is no mentions for The Donut Hole. Love that place.
Captain Dave's on the gulf is a great place on scenic 98 and my family and I really like the crab trap (also on scenic 98)
A couple thoughts:
If you like Red bar, go to Louis Louis on 98. It is the same owner and menu as Red Bar without the long wait.
Stinkys Fish Camp is great but pricey.
Fat Daddys has some great pizza
Great Southern Cafe in Seaside is awesome and has great happy hour drink and oyster specials.
Smiling Fish Cafe in Gulf Place is good and rarely crowded.
Shorty's in Grayton beach has pretty good sushi and seafood.
The donut hole has a chocolate covered, peanut butter filled donut that is the best donut i've ever had. Wish i had a dozen for the trip to neyland tomorrow.
Man that sounds awesome. Now I'm hitting Krispy Kreme on my lunch break this evening for some donuts
The Donut Hole is great for doughnuts, but if you're eating breakfast, the place in Another Broken Egg....no question. Their bacon is AMAZING!!!
I remember a killer Key Lime Pie too.
Yeah, they promote their Key Lime Pie on their marquee all year (except for the month they close in the winter). I pass that sign daily. I live about a mile behind the Donut Hole that's in Destin.
Agreed, ABE is my favorite breakfast down there.
Red Bar - Grayton Beach
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports