In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online now 827 Record: 6475 (12/7/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
I know we have a similar thread to this already on the board, but another one from a mod can't hurt.
This is JMO and not the reflection of anyone else who works for this site or this network, but one of the biggest things this site needs is more conversation. The quality is great, and the quantity is improving every week, but we still need more. The number of subscribers we have clearly indicates we should have more conversation on this board.
So here are a couple of quick reminders...
- POST MORE. There it is in two words.
- There is no downtime. Sure, we just passed signing day, and spring practice doesn't start for a while, and hoops isn't going the way anyone expected to this point ... but so what? We still have a ton to discuss, so let's be on here and discuss it.
- There's no such thing as a stupid question. Actually, that's a lie. There are stupid questions. But we all ask stupid questions from time to time. Even those of us who get paid to not ask stupid questions sometimes ask really stupid questions. There's no shame in asking a question. Some of the best stories I've gotten have come from some of the dumbest questions I've asked. So relax and ask them. That's why y'all pay for this site. Some of y'all pay for the site and have no desire to post. That's fine. But don't ever avoid posting because you think you'll look dumb. News flash: Every single one of us is at least a little bit dumb.
- As long as you don't say one of the really naughty words or offend someone's race, religion, gender or lifestyle preference, there's nothing wrong with having some fun. We can have some fun and not be completely inappropriate. If someone doesn't get your sense of humor or consider you completely appropriate, they can block you.
- This is a UT site, and we don't ever need the board to be littered with off-topic stuff, but there's nothing wrong with a few fun off-topic threads throughout the day. If we can (for the most part) avoid politics and religion, we'll be fine. This is a community. Only really weird communities talk about the same thing all day, every day. Don't be afraid to throw out a fun off-topic thread. And if you have any questions, PM us. My PM response rate has improved since I stopped doing the radio show every day. Ask me. Ask Ryno. Ask Kevin. Conversation makes the community.
- One of my biggest pet peeves is people using information from here to start threads on other UT sites. I understood why this happened at first, because our reporting has always been good but our site traffic used to be a huge problem. So while I didn't like people taking our info and starting conversations on other boards, I understood it. Now I don't understand it. This is a big board now. Let's talk HERE. If you were at a game and saw something happen, would you talk to the people sitting next to you at the game or call someone outside the stadium and talk to them?
Senior Writer, govols247
DO we really need another one of these threads?
Wes has more time on his hands now that he's no longer on the radio. He's gotta have something to do...
Picture us standing on a military base, and me pointing to the stripes and nodding my head.
I think he is trying desperately to get his shine back from the redhead and he is failing like a true Cub..
With a beard like that, the only way you'd be in the military is one of those SpecFor groups that officially doesn't exist...
Sounds like Wes needs to start having kids. Start with one, if you're not sure how to make one I'm sure someone can help out with instructions. Google can help too. Lol, and good luck!
Lots of things scarier than stripes. Bars, oak leaves, stars!
Wes,I think you should hand out GOVOLS247 eye patches at the O & W. Should that have been a question? Oh, there you go, I got one in anyway.
What if the new conversations we start are anti- Rucker and pro-redhead? Does he still want the volume to increase? Be careful what ya ask for!
+1 from me. I need to stop reading everyone comments and start posting my point of view or opinion.
Hey Wes that is all fine and dandy as long as it tows the company line, right? There is no room on this board for someone to have a different opinion than the masses, right? If you do you will have your paid account cancelled by KR which I still do not see what that accomplished except to take money from the company?
Its not a stupid question until you ask it.
Funniest thing I've heard all day.
You can be like a doctor and look at it... you can be like a lawyer and talk about it... or you can be like a farmer and plow right into it.
Your team. All the time.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports