In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Our get to know a poster series continues with volviking. Thanks for participating. Remember to pick the next victim at the end of the day.
1. How do you feel about Christian Ponder as a quarterback?
2. Favorite Viking QB in the past 20 years?
3. How did you feel throughout the day yesterday?
4. Favorite Vol not named Irwin?
5. What got you here to 247?
6. Last game you attended?
Thanks poli - I have a quick meeting and then I will get back with you!
"Old School"! A strong defense wins championships!
1) Why does Leslie Frazier always look mad?
2) More excited about seeing the new offense? Or having the Vol Network guy constantly mispronounce Bajakian?
3) Why does Christian Ponder throw like a girl?
4) Why did Samantha Steele marry someone who throws like a girl?
5) I have a 2 month beard right now. How awesome am I?
6) if you were a Vol hostess, would you give your all for Tennessee that day?
7) Is Minnesota the coldest place on earth? Or is it colder?
8) purple sucks.
1) favorite baseball and basketball team? (professional)
2) do you even feel cold anymore??
3) player you want your viks to draft this year??
4) how mad were you about how close peterson got this year?
thanks for doing this.. its always fun!
1. Best Vikings memory?
2. Best Vols memory?
3. Worst/most bitter vikings memory (there are sooo many to choose from..)
4. Worst/most bitter vols memory
1. Top two things to do on your bucket list?
2. Who you hate more Greenbay or Chicago?
3. If u went on Fear Factor, to win and u had to choose would you rather eat a deer organ or the Vikes get to Tebow at qb for next 3 years?
4. You can bring one Vol back to help next years team, who ya get?
This post has been edited 4 times, most recently by LocoVol 17 months ago
Good Morning my Orange and purple friend. Ready to get the scoop on what makes you tick.
1. Fran Tarkenton. Greatest QB ever? Did he ever accidently throw a spiral during his career?
2. Purple People Eaters. Eller, Page, Marshall, Larsen/Sutherland. How awesome were they? Why do defenses not have nicknames like this now. Are todays guys wusses?
3. I personally believe when the Vikes moved indoors that they lost their true homefield advantage. Your take?
4. What ex Vike would you like to hang out with for a day?
5. Did you ever see Bud Grant wear a coat?
6. What line of work are you in?
7. What kind of vehicles do you own?
8. Married? With kids? Is you real name Al?
9. You can only have one food to eat for the rest of your life. What is it?
10. Your opinion of bUTch so far?
11. 2013 Signing Class. Rate it.
12. Can you stop for a sec and say something bad about the Weasel?
13. Blonde, brunette, or Redhead?
14. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Kevin,Wes, and Ryan. Draw a line to match to the corresponding correct answer.
15. Not a question. Just want to say thanks for playing and I appreciate you as being a great poster and neighbor. GO VOLS!
BUTCH IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. GO VOLS!
You live in Newport, TN. Is cock fighting still a big deal?
Ever been to a cock fight?
What do you do for a living?
1) have you ever BEEN in a cock fight?
2) were you sad to see Brett Favre come or go.
I'm new to this site so not sure how this post works...if we're answering questions, I can answer #6 - I was a Vol Hostess pre-Kiffen and Dooley! haha
We pick one person to have a Wednesdays with .... and this time it is Volviking. So you ask questions to get to know the person in the tread. You could always start another thread where you discuss the nuances of being a hostess. I don't think I've heard that perspective on the site before.
Who the the most surprising get for you on signing day?
Who are you most excited to see in the future from the signing class?
Where are you originally from and where do you live now?
Wife and children?
That makes sense! Cool way to get to know people on the site. Yes, the Vol Hostess deal was pretty prestigious when I was at UT. There were 3 rounds of interviews I think and then once they picked you, you could stay in for the entire time you were in school. So I was one til I graduated. So they only select maybe 4 or 5 girls each year out of all that apply, from what I remember. Being a sports nut, I loved it. Felt like part of the team. Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack the post. Thanks for the explanation!!
What is your favorite food?
Did you go to Cocke County?
Who is your favorite volunteer of all time?
There are only four answers to any question: Yes, No, I don't know, or the Correct Answer.
Thank you for your patience!
1. Jury is still out on Ponder. I have very mixed emotions, but he really doesn't have any real targets other than Rudolph and Harvin
2. Francis Asbury Tarkenton is by far my all time favorite. The Scrambler was in a class of his own. In recent years, I liked noodle arm Brad Johnson probably the best. Of course when Moss was in his prime, he made a lot of QBs look good, including has-beens like Jeff George and Randall Cunningham.
3. Bell was a HUGE disappointment, but unfortunately I understand considering the state that our proud program has been in recently. Love some of the other pick-ups, so I choose to focus on them instead of our near misses.
4. Without a doubt Alan Page. The only defensive lineman to win the MVP award was my childhood idol.
5. Seen Rucker on Facebook, decided to visit and became enthralled with the mods and posters.
6. Florida 2012 . . . just wished the game had ended at the half. The pre-game atmosphere was the most electric I had seen since my student days on the Hill.
Thanks again poli!
1. Main reason he looks mad is because he has an ACC noodle armed quarterback.
2. Gotta with the new offense. Bob & Company has butchered names for long, I rarely pay attention anymore.
3. Two reasons: 1. He is an ACC QB, and 2. He is dating Samantha Steele and she is on the road quite a bit. He probably has a very tired arm . . .
4. He must make up for his lack of QB skills in other ways . . .
5. You are da man! I bet your 2 month growth beats that peach fuzz Wes tries to call a beard!
Thanks Crockett! Hope things are going well with the train lady!
Sorry, cut you off short Crockett!
6. If I was a hot female, I would be a millionaire. Women have 1/2 of the money and all of the ____________ in the world! Of course I would have my morals - would have to be a 4 star or above!
7. Been a fan since 1970, but have never been to the Land of 10,000 Lakes. I don't know how it could be colder than my bedroom when my wife is angry with me though . . .
8. Purple is the color of royalty!
1. Been a Reds and Celtics fan for as long as I can remember. Johnny Bench is the greatest baseballer and John "Hondo" Havlichek for basketball.
2. Nope - I've been married for 17+ years, so I am immune to coldness these days.
3. CP or Justin Hunter. They might be able to save Ponder from himself.
4. He should have ran the ball a couple of more times vs. the Texans. REALLY frustrating!
OK. Here are my three questions.
1. Favorite restaurant?
2. Favorite BBQ? (beef, chicken, or pork)
3. Favorite season of the year? (spring, summer, autumn, winter)
Ah, a fellow Vikings fan!
1. There are several, but probably the best is when the LA Rams came to the Met for a playoff game in the 70's heavily favored. They drove right down the field early, but Page & Company stiffened and held them to a FG attempt. Matt Blair blocked the FG attempt and Bobby Bryant scooped it up for a 90 yard TD! The Vikings rolled from there, led by Tarkenton & Foreman.
2. Again, there are tons of great memories, but being in the Super Dome for the 85 Sugar Bowl was awesome. Also, me and Jack Daniels got to shake hands with Coach Majors as he ran off the field for the last time in Neyland. When the State Trooper came after me, I ran up a ramp and met Coach Fulmer coming down from the press box, so me and Jack got to wish him the best of luck!
3. 1975!!! That Drew Pearson pushed Nate Wright down. It should have been offensive pass interference instead of the so-called Hail Mary. Hated the Cowboys for years after that. The missed FG in 1998 is a close second, but I guess the Good Lord knew my heart couldn't take it if the Vikings won the Super Bowl the same year the Vols won the National Championship.
4. Other than the last 4 years, it would have to be the SEC Championship game when we knocked the LSU QB out of the game and their backup knocked us out of the Rose Bowl/Natty Champ game.
OK, VV -- best Tennessee game you ever attended...
Why haven't you ever been to Minn-A-So-TA if you like the Vikes so much?
Do you attend UT? Graduate? If so, when? What did you major in and is that the same field you are in today?
1. Attend a Vikings home game and help my children in their quest for world domination.
2. Green Bay by far. I hate everything about the packers!
3. I would eat the entire deer raw rather than have Tebow. I am ok with his character, but just can't get past his gators background and the fact that he more or less sucks as a QB.
4. No question about it: AL WILSON! I love a mean defense and if you look up fierce D in the dictionary, there is a pic of Al Wilson!
If you could be a character on family guy what would your story line be?
Would you rather cheer for the Tide or the Packers ?
Foster or Peterson?
Could Knoxville handle all the personality if Bruce and Butch were both here?
Should Rex change his name to CopyNPasteVol?
Which of Ryan, Kevin , or Wes would be an eagle scout?
If you started streaking from behind plate do you think you could make it to dead center and clear the wall or would you get caught?
Favorite thing you add to food that ok people think is gross?
Ever had to buy tampons, and of so were you nervous? Or did you wear panty hose like Nicolas Cage buying diapers?
Should banana hammocks be outlawed?
"Count it down with me. Five, four, three, two, one.
The national champion is clad in Big Orange!"
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports