In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1230
Online now 494 Record: 6475 (12/7/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
In the near future (what would you do if you were him) to improve UT athletics or fan experience etc?
Not in any real order:
1. The best living facilities for our athletes in the nation
2. More practice fields
3. Keep improving the food and game day experience for fans incl other sports
4. Schedule known ooc games that promotes UTs recruiting like vs Virginia or S Fl or Indiana or Texas tech....ok to avg teams rather than Austin Peay or Troy.
5. Still schedule 1 good ooc game a yr like Ucla or Cal or Neb or Okl.....but imo if its a home and home then it needs to be an area for recruiting which is not the latter two. I rather play Ohio State or Cal or Ucla or Unc or gtech than Okl and Neb unless its a neutral site national tv game like the kickoff classic
6. Raise money....we need to get fiscally sound
This post was edited by SamVolsam 11 months ago
1. I think this one is already in the works, at least the fundraising for this specifically
2. don't think that practice fields are a major priority
3. I think this will come with more wins... don't think it is the biggest priority, but would be nice
4. yeah... not a fan of the cupcakes, but would love to have finish out our schedule with decent teams after 1 non-conference power house
5. yes, yes, yes... after living quarter this would be my priority
6. that will come with stability and winning... he will be putting a focus on this, by focusing on the others
so living quarters is my biggest and scheduling a powerhouse and filling out the schedule with decent teams are my priorities and I think he is doing a decent job of that
Senior Writer, govols247
Winning cures a lot of things, but....
In the world of HDTV, he needs to really concentrate on the fan experience...
-More selection of food/vendors
-Cell phone reception (this has gotten better, but a ways to go)
-Stadium wide WiFi
-maybe even cell phone charging docks or stations
This post was edited by bgosnell151 11 months ago
I think you could certainly offer these things in the boxes, etc if they aren't offered already. Or just have certain large rooms/areas that have wifi and charging access with big screen TVs available to watch the game, etc.
Just my thoughts.
I would add to the list:
Continue to work to turn back the academic requirements/hurdles (that greatly contributed to CPF's downfall) to the same level as AL, UF, SC, etc., and keep the academic side from stealing all of the AD's $$$.
This post was edited by DCVOL 11 months ago
crap... you caught me.. I thought it came off harsh, so deleted it.
I meant outlets to plug in cell phone chargers, guess I should have worded that better.
You really think if McDonald's/The Mall/Grocery stores can provide WiFi TN cannot?
I'm not sure outlets and WiFi would raise ticket prices. I've been wrong before though. New stadiums that are being built are doing these things. Check out the 49ers new stadium. Technology is coming to stadiums.
TN has had one sellout in 5 years.
tried deleting my post... glad you didn't take it the wrong way. And the wifi is definitely doable and should be done. I just didn't think it would make a difference in peoples decisions on whether to go to the game or not... and yes, this is an easy solution for them and seems like a no brainer.
edit: I think outlets would absolutely raise ticket prices... you would have to run electric lines throughout ever second. Much easier for a new stadium than an upgrade to a stadium.
No worries, I didn't take it as your were being a jerk, always enjoy your take on things.
I agree that WiFi, outlets, etc wouldn't decide if people go to games. I think a series of 5-10 things mentioned in this thread would somewhat change that. Again, I'm saying the whole experience. I can't even post a pic of me and my wife on Facebook/Twitter while inside the stadium. The pages take forever to load.
The outlet thing is a one time cost. If it was a reoccuring cost, up ticket prices would be warranted. Maybe just have 4 stations around the stadium in the concourses? My phone usually goes dead because its constantly searching for signal while in stadium. But I agree its much more easier more a new stadium...+1
+1 back at you... I think the wifi would go a LONG way for not needing the outlets to charge your phone. The searching for signal is the biggest killer of phone batteries. And again, that would be an easy fix. They could very easily get that accomplished.
If we do schedule smaller schools. I would like to see them schedule small schools in the state of TN to keep that money in the state.
I would also like to see Hart lighten up on the hair color.
247 Brew Master
a fan of blondes are ya???
I am yes, but that's beside the point. No one is buying a 63 year old with black hair.
I was just kidding though. Ive had the opportunity to speak with Mr Hart and I really like him.
I knew you were, which is why I made the joke about it. Was it you that had lunch with Mr. Hart?
No, I got to spend about 10 minutes with him the weekend of the orange & white game.
awesome... a little jealous. Big fan of Dave Hart. He walked into a rough situation and has done a pretty stand up job if you ask me.
I agree, he seemed very confident in Jones and emphasized "we" are going to get this program turned around. To me that means he has taken ownership and not just saying here it is coach go fix it.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports