In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
"Count it down with me. Five, four, three, two, one.
The national champion is clad in Big Orange!"
1. Favorite place to vacation
2. Favorite meal
3. 3 people in history you would like to have dinner with
4. 3 people who would make up your dream foursome for golf
Getting some great questions today, thanks for playing Crockett!
"Never take for granted what it means to be a Volunteer." Peyton Manning
1) I'd show the goods. And they'd need binoculars to see anything. Small target.
2) Sure. Roll Tape. Just like on a movie set.
3) I actually have a seminar that day so I am going to be relying on 247 text messages and pray to the lord there is wifi in the seminar room.
5) He and I don't talk anymore. A lot of animosity. Long story involving his sister, licorice, and a donkey.
6) Yes, they should. I think $200 a month per month of season that the sport they are encompasses. So Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan for football.
7) Some horrible things about James Franklin. Easiest answer of the day.
8) The one with the tennis ball guns..but id replace them with baseballs.
9) I already got a kayak.com gift card for the occasion.
10) Is it bad that I don't even know their names? I never watched them.
11) I have met Taber Spani. So the answer is Taber Spani. She was not only gorgeous, but extremely friendly.
12) Ray Lewis for inspiration. Tim Tebow for English.
13) Ryan Jenkins. Love the amount of passion that kid has.
14) Niners. And not that close.
This is a good question. I'm weird. I don't really know anyone who has been truly inspirational to me. My father developed a neurological condition about 10 years ago, and watching him suffer through that without ever complaining about it has been pretty awesome to watch.
1) I have a RAV4. It doesn't have 4x4...just AWD. I rent an ATV when I want to disappear into the backcountry.
2) KFC. I don't really like fast food fried chicken though. Our Kroger affiliate (King Soopers) has pretty good fried chicken in their deli though.
3) I do. We have Cracker Barrel of course, but we also have a few local places including a place called Lucile's Creole Cafe. Everything is homemade and locally grown. Biscuits that are about 6 inches by 6 inches. Amazing andoullie sausage and their crawfish etoufee rivals anything I have had in Louisiana.
4) Sweet tea is quite popular here, actually. Not as popular as the south...but much more than the northeast or midwest. A lot of local places offer it.
5) Ha! We do not. We inject cortisone though. It works better :)
6) I really like his energy. I like, overall, the staff he put together. I think we all wish Tee Martin had come home, but I also realize it was a bigger deal than just his desire. I am still on the fence about Jones' offense working in the SEC though...without a guy like Manziel.
7) MST. Actually it's great. Noon games start at 10am, so they're over at 1:30 and your entire Saturday is still open. Zero complaints.
8) I think we'll be frustrated...only because about 10 days ago, things looked REALLY, REALLY good. And I still think UT finishes well, but doesn't have that OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING finish that looked possible.
How is it now? All better? That is a very odd way to get turf toe...in fact...I've never heard of causing it that way. I've had plantars myself...twice. It's a nightmare.
1) This is Denver. It never rains. And if it does, people go insane. We're all addicts to our sunshine.
2) I didn't. I don't know that I ever have except when backpacking. I am boring.
3) I definitely have. Seeing Justin Bieber live last year, for instance...
4) I haven't. But I'd do just about anything for 20 bucks.
5) Pffft. Hell no. I am a breakdancer, son.
I think Tim Jennings' on the Bears was great after his pick 6's this year.
Whose thread will end up having more posts, yours or Wes's?
1) I am not. I've never had the premium channels. With the Cubs and MLB Network, I never felt it was worth it to pay extra for the premiums.
2) Oh definitely pepper spray. I've had to use it once on a Grizzly in Yellowstone. Worst 60 seconds of my life, maybe. Unreal level of scared.
3) I'd say 2 more. I think he'll retire before his arm just falls off entirely.
4) "Seriously? I didn't even get to see the Seinfeld comeback!"
5) Not this year. Just too many athletes on UF and in the Swamp.
6) Aliens. Definitely. Maybe soon. I'm a nerd about alien stuff...very interesting to me.
Thanks for the kind words!
The whole turf toe thing was very, very frustrating, and Wes only inflamed the thread really. I love Wes, and he's a fantastic sportswriter, but he's not a medical expert. And (not surprisingly) this board...most of whom are also not medically educated...chose to believe Wes' view over mine...someone with 3 years of medical education and 7 years of orthopedic experience. I would never assume to know more about Wes about sports writing, sources, making connections, etc...and it frustrates me (and other medical professionals) when lay people assume they know more than we do in our fields. I am not/was not angry with Wes (or anyone else in that thread)...it just showed what we in medicine see a lot. People go on WebMD or known someone who had something one time and they think they are experts. You aren't. Sorry.
I am a physician assistant. I have full authority to diagnose, treat, and prescribe. I can even do minor surgeries depending on what my supervising physician allows me to. I am the legal equivalent of a nurse practitioner. I got my BA/BS in Zoology/Environmental Science from Southern Illinois U and then a Masters in PA Studies from SIU as well. I immediately started working in orthopedics and have worked in both surgical and office settings.
I will not advance farther in medicine besides some different certifications that allow me to add to my repertoire. I'll never be a physician...doesn't interest me. Too much crap to deal with.
1) Northwest coast of Ireland. Amazing views. Amazing people...just salt of the earth, great people. So helpful and caring. I literally cannot say enough good things about my visits there.
2) This is tough, but I'll say my mom's lasagna with her homemade garlic bread. Everything from scratch. Lord, that woman can cook. And she's not even Italian!
3) I always struggle with these questions. I can never narrow it down. King Edward the 1st of England. Graham Chapman. And Rachel McAdams...whatever I have to do to meet her.
4) David Duval, John Daly, and Nick Faldo. Easy.
Wes, easily. Again, an enormous part of the board has me on "ignore".
Great stuff +1
I slipped and my foot twisted. My body rolled forward up the steps and inside. With all the swelling, I was certain it was broke. I waited about two months before seeing a podiatrist. I had x-rays initially and a MRI afterward.
The turf toe took months to heal. Just when I thought I was good, a hop here or there would give me a little reminder of it.
Plantar is still a little present. Not near the issue it was. Just more of a dull pain/stiffness. Sometimes I can feel it late at night but I'd say its 95% at this point and that is good enough for me.
Finally the truth about the patch Wes was wearing ..
If you want to PM me, I have a $20 fix for your plantars...especially if it is mostly gone.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports