In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online now 463 Record: 6475 (12/7/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
He's been selected. He'll have to deal with it.
Denver, like it or not, you're the next victim.
1. How do you like me now?
2. Happy to be the next victim?
3. Favorite non Vol related activity.
4. Denver. Overrated?
One shot at James Franklin. Punch him in the face or kick him in the junk?
One place you would love to vacation too?
What do you do for a living?
Does Polirules need his VFL pulled since he's not attending the O&W game and attended the Kansas spring game?
1) gotta punch one, Loan one money, and ride with one for 15 hr. Of the new coachs and who do u choose???
2) favorite memory of the vols?
3) more explosive Howard, or Young?
4) favorite job youve had?
1. I love you. You're a Vol fan
2. My participation will be sporadic, but yes, I'm excited to share my world-view with all
3. I'm a mean guitar player. Been playing since I was 12, have done some mild touring, played in bands throughout high school and college, which is partially why I went to college in Nashville. I've got a 70's strat, a Maton acoustic (lovely little Australian maker of acoustic guitars), and I'm in the market for a late 60's ES-335 if anyone has the inside line at one.
4. Depends. If you're a mountain/outdoors person then no. I'm not one of those people, so it doesn't have that allure. It's a really good place to be in your young to mid-20s because the partying is great and you can live downtown without breaking the bank. I'm considering moving to a larger city in the near future, though, as I may start a company soon. San Francisco, Seattle, and Atlanta are in the running, in that order.
"When we step on that football field, everyone flips a switch. And it's on..." - Butch Jones
(1) I'm non-violent. I prefer to make people feel stupid and inferior.
(2) Vietnam. Beautiful place with beautiful, dynamic people that have seen things most of us can't imagine. I'm always interested in places and people who have experienced the lowest and worst things on Earth and are somehow back on their feet.
(3) I'm a real estate private equity analyst. Essentially I help take pooled capital from investors and use it to buy buildings. My job is to figure out what the individual properties are worth, and then to roll them up and establish a portfolio value forecast so we know what to do with our funds going forward. I may be embarking on my second IPO soon. Wish me luck. They suck.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by Denver Vol 12 months ago
I just...I don't even.... I'm sorry. Does not compute.
Interesting choice of Vietnam.
(1) Since you guys are forcing me to violence, I'd punch Dave Lawson. I'd wanna find out what my strength coach is made of. Can't coach toughness if you don't have it. I'd loan Butch money since he makes the most and has the most secure buyout in his contract, and I'd ride in a car with Thig to hear his recruiting stories.
(2) 1996 UT vs. UA. In the 4th quarter Jay Graham breaks a 70-yard TD run on an inside draw. I was 10 years old, at the game with my dad, and when he broke that run I jumped up on the bleacher and started leaping and cheering. My foot slipped and I went head-first down about 5 rows, bouncing my face off of every metal seat. My nose was bloody, lip was cut, and I didn't care. I got up, bleeding like I'd been hit with a bat, and kept high-fiving everyone within reach.
Every time I see that play I think that somewhere in the stadium my head is clanking off of metal, and I'm somehow not upset.
(3) I personally think Howard is more explosive and has more upside. When the game slows down for him, he will be a playmaker. He was straining too hard to make things happen last year and it resulted in a lot of slipping on cuts, running into blockers, etc. He'll get there.
(4) My favorite job, I guess, is the one I have now. I like the pay and the lifestyle it affords me, but it's not long-term. I'm going to start my own company.
This post has been edited 4 times, most recently by Denver Vol 12 months ago
Which UT player are you most excited to see play this fall?
Are you going to attend any games this year?
Which recruit do you want the most?
Thanks for playing! Have a great rest of the day!
(1) Well, I think I'm most excited about the Richardson/Clowney rematch. I think Tiny is the only truly great player on this team, and watching someone play at his level is always fun. Tiny v. Clowney may be the best man-on-man battle that goes down in college football in 2013. They are both amazing.
(2) I'm going to Eugene with three buddies for the Oregon game. I'll probably come back for UGA at the last second because I can't take missing it. It's hard for me to miss UGA, UA, or UF games. I feel a duty in my soul to be there.
(3) If I could take any recruit right now, it'd be Lorenzo Carter. We need a pass rush and there just isn't any getting around that. Of the guys who seem to be showing real interest in us, I'd go with Jalyn Holmes.
It never ceases to amaze me the variety of the posters on this site. Real estate private equity analyst. Man, I can't even figure out how much a house is worth, let alone a building or buildings. I think you just accomplished your #1 answer in making me feel stupid. Ha!
Nice answers Denver. Let me know when the IPO is going to hit the streets. I could use some good luck.
Not an "easy" place to travel, but the best travel isn't. I make a huge distinction between travel and vacation. When you travel, let yourself get lost, meet people you never thought you'd meet, and employ a little bit of submission to the experience, it can change the way you think and see the world. I want to do more of that because you almost never come out of those experiences a worse person.
When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?
This post was edited by HopVol 12 months ago
247 Brew Master
"Give him six" "We don't give a damn about the whole state of Alabama" "Grit N Grind"
Because lust has eyes like a hawk.
that is correct!
To all of my fellow Vol Brethren,
I must apologize, This is my FIRST time actually reading the Wednesday with post at least that I can recall.(Drunken checking 247 for the latest and greatest cannot be held against me) I am hooked, I will make it a ritual from now on much like the Monday insider stuff.
Denver- it's great to get to know you and enjoy your comments and disdain for Vandy!
There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction. - Winston Churchill
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports