In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 453
Online now 1274 Record: 6475 (12/7/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
"Give him six" "We don't give a damn about the whole state of Alabama" "Grit N Grind"
I am really late to the party. LWS, congratulations on your retirement. May you have a long and healthy one. I have much respect for what you bring to this board. I learned from the start of my residence here that folks put stock in what you had to say. Count me in that number. Now, on to the questions. Thanks for playing.
1. What type of vehicle do you drive?
2. Do any of your grandkids play sports and if so, do you attend?
3. What occupation did you retire from?
4. Are you glad to finally see the warmer weather kick in or do you prefer cooler weather?
5. Will you be crashing Ryan's wedding, and if so, will you wear Orange?
6. Speaking of Orange, what percentage of your wardrobe is said color?
7. What part of Dooley's tenure here disappointed you the most?
8. In comparison to Oregon's up tempo offense, how fast will Butch's be?
9. Do you attend every Vols game throughout the season, home and away?
10. Krispy Kreme or Dunkin' Donuts?
Thanks for playing LWS. GO VOLS!
BUTCH IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. GO VOLS!
Really good read......well done LWS. We will have to play a round of golf when you get back into the game. I will pick your mind for some more stories too. I can't get enough as you well know. GBO!
1. Do you think we need an early signing day maybe in early Sept or mid Dec OR What about pushing back nsd bc of all the coaching changes and asst changes to allow the kids to get to know the new staffs etc?
2. What do I think about paying players since it seems we are headed that direction?
3. Fav few places to eat in Knoxville and Nashville....expensive is ok but rather hear a few casual places?
4. Who do u want to see ut play that they have not at least for a very long time or ever?
5. What would u like to see changed with Neyland stadium?
6. Thoughts on what our non conf schedule should be like if we go to 9 sec games? Imo I would play weaker known state names like Indiana or Colorado or virg or even teams like Purdue or duke or navy or army etc.....teams people have heard of vs troy. Imo this would spell more fans in the seats plus it looks better. Imo that's one thing ND has done for years playing a ton of ok to bad teams that were name recognized but not really any better than a 2 win sec team.
This post has been edited 5 times, most recently by SamVolsam 11 months ago
Wait.....what happened here?
I think he picked you as the next Wednesday hotseat.
2. Been to Ohio St for Michigan game. Texas - Oklahoma game
1. Walk a tight rope from north end zone to jumbotron
2. never a fight. can't really recall a confrontation with fan from other team
3. Sitting at home watching in Hendersonville. Y2K kept me away from several games that year.
4. Steak. manning the grill is about only cooking I do. LOL
1. Toyota 4 Runner
2. older one's no. younger, not yet. I would go everytime possible
3. Worked in IT for three companies, National Life and Accident Insurance (now part of American General), Baptist Sunday School Board (now Lifeway) and HCA Healthcare.
4. Like warm
5. Doubt it. Congratulations Ryan. Didn't realize you were getting tied down. I would wear Orange. :)
6. 25% Rough guess
7. Conversation I had with him about a year ago really showed me things I had heard about him. How he talked down to people.. I had already been hearing enough to feel his future was shaky. just was reaffirmed
8. 25-35% less I imagine. Not sure anywhere else can match those cats. Of course, losing Kelly may change them
9. Not anymore. Did for a lot of years. Typically make all home games. Broke my hip in 2009 and missed the entire Kiffin tenure here. Have not made road trips since, except Nashville. Going to Missouri and Oregon this year.
1. with how recruiting is now, yes. I would suggest August 1 so right after football camps.
2. don't like. I think distractions would be much greater for players and even more would end up "dismissed".
3. I have a condo in Pigeon Forge so we eat there much more than Knoxville. Like the Brewery there. In Nashville, McCabes Pub is a favorite, like Bonefish Grill and Stoney River. Don't do expensive very often. Took wife to Flemings for Mother's Day and was disappointed.
4. I want the Oklahoma, Nebraska games to happen. Would love to see UT play at Texas, Penn St, Michigan, Colorado, Clemson, Wisconsin, guess that is it...
5. the east concourse as soon as possible.
6. I don't want to give up playing an elite team each year or as often as possible. I agree with what you say about others opposed to Peay, Western and S Alabama. Although, those teams could cycle into decent opposition from contract to game.
Yep!! All you next week Sam!!!
Great job LWS. Thanks.+1 Oregon would be a great trip and a great place to catch a game. Have fun. GO VOLS!
I would like to play Mich, Clemson and Texas once we are back in 3+ yrs....I am also interested in playing Va and Indiana and even Ohio or S Fl.....where we recruit.....but try to play teams with a recognized name imo
This post was edited by SamVolsam 11 months ago
Thanks to LWSVOL for the great WWW thread. SamVolsam has big shoes to fill next week, but I think he'll be fine.
Your team. All the time.
WOW Larry, you have really up-ed the ante for personal guest posting! I'm glad to see that you crossed to the other side. Conrats on retirement! I've only been on board for a short time but really like the input received from the 247 guys. I'm sure you don't recognize my call name here, but we used to run into one another at home games and a few away games. I've moved from the ATL area to a small town in NC (about 8 miles west of Pinehurst and the golf is great!). I used to have season tix a few rows behind you and one section to the right before they switched the home field side. I had to give up the seats due to having a couple of boys and the economy. I assume you still wear your LWS jersey on a regular basis and wear it with pride.I appreciate seeing your picture for you signature! I know you are very proud of the girls. Best wishes to you and your family!
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports