In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1368
Online now 1241 Record: 6475 (12/7/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Our weekly Wednesday get to know a poster continues and this week's victim is polirules.
What's the story behind the screen name?
You said your a nomad, best place you've ever lived?
Money is no object, where would you vacation?
Who would you rather punch in the face, Ryan or Wes?
This post was edited by wataugavol 13 months ago
goodmorning poli thanks for doing this, always love wednesdays
1. what do you do for a living?
2. pancakes, waffles, or french toast?
3. record prediction for next years FB team?
4. favorite current vol player?
5. (Fill in the blank) I would (______) if it meant the vols would win a NC next year!
6. favorite VOL memory?
Coolest checkerboard poster you've ever met?
Alright! Let's get started. I almost forgot it was Wednesday. This is always a fun thread. OK Poli, here's three softballs for you.
1. Who is your favorite female Vol athlete?
2. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. Fanta or Yoohoo?
BUTCH IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. GO VOLS!
Good morning midwesterner..
So since you are from the show me state what's the strangest thing you have ever seen?
Fake ones or real ones?
Do feet creep you out?
If Butch Jones came to your house what recruiting pitch would you like him to present?
If Wes wasn't a good writer he would be a good _______?
Number of actual facial hairs Callahan has?
Should Hurd it through the Grapevine be played anytime Jalen scores?
How far does Mizzou go in the tourney?
Single or double ply?
Best trash talk you have ever used on opposing fans?
The story about the screen name:
Poli is my nickname, though few call me that these days. My best friend, Will, nicknamed me that as a short of my last name, Polston. It started as Roly Poly, but he dropped the Roly and just called me Poli.
He spelled it in emails as Poli, so that's how I spell it. He passed away in 2007, due to a drunk driver in Italy. My son's middle name is William in his honor.
The "Rules" part comes from my time in Africa. Everyone called me Poli in the military at that point. Each morning in Camp Lemonier we heard our national anthem and the Djiboutian national anthem.
The DJ national anthem is this big brass slow march type tune. Look it up on the internets. I joked one day there should be words to their anthem. So I made my own. If you time it right, you can sing, "Po li Rules", repeatedly. At the end, I add a "it's true, Poli, Poli rules." I may listen to it now just to smile.
The best place I ever lived? San Diego was beautiful, but I'll take Lenoir City and Tennessee every day of my life. I love Wentzville, MO so far, but I've only lived here a month.
Money is no object, I'm going to...East Tennessee. Watch the Vols, Cades Cove. That's my ideal vacation. I've been literally all over the world. I'd take being there instantly.
I did love my first real vacation two years ago at Disney, and I've seen some awesome places. If you forced me to choose something else, I'd take some place in south Florida. My wife loves it there.
Who would I punch in the face? The popular answer is Wes, I'd guess. However, I would go with Ryan. Having a wedding in St. Louis and not inviting me gets you a punch in the face.
Morning, y'all! Need to start doing these every week!
1) Opinion of Obama's picking IU to win it all?
2) Who do YOU think will win it all?
3) Did I read correctly that you live in St. Louis? Why on earth would you do that to yourself?
4) Favorite team in every major sport? (NFL, NBA, NHL, WNBA? Racing?)
5) Least favorite place/city in the US?
6) What's the most surprising and significant thing that will happen at Tennessee in the next 3 years? Realistically, of course...
"Give him six" "We don't give a damn about the whole state of Alabama" "Grit N Grind"
Good morning Poli,
1. What's your favorite activity outside of all things orange?
2. What's your favorite music to listen to? Name a few of your favorite artists.
3. What's the best restaurant you've ever eaten at?
4. Tell us a little about your experiences in coaching. Best thing to happen, worst, funniest, etc.
"Never take for granted what it means to be a Volunteer." Peyton Manning
We do I am sure poli has them all archived
Kinda busy at a cool little worksite today, but I'll get to answering everything later this afternoon.
What do I do? I'm a HVAC controls technician for Trane. At Trane, I work for commercial construction projects. Yesterday, I was at a bank and Busch Stadium. Today I'm at a former Nike missile site in the middle of the country in Illinois. Not what I love to do but it pays the bills.
2. Pancakes, waffles, or French toast? Really, with my diet I don't eat any of it. When I splurge it is ALWAYS pancakes with certain DEMANDS. Demand #1: if it doesn't have chocolate chips inside, I'm not eating the pancake. Demand #2: I must be able slather peanut butter on top of one of the pancakes and slap another on top of the pancake...creating a chocolate chip pancake sandwich.
3. My prediction for football is 7-5. Anything else is gravy and I won't be upset at 6-6.
4. Favorite Vol at this time is Jacob Carter. I have a second cousin by that name.
5. I'd move back to Africa if I could guarantee another national championship.
6. Favorite vol memory: my first game. My wife and I sat in the front row near the UT bench for the Georgia at UT two years ago. I was all smiles up until Bray broke his thumb.
You're angling, I know! You're a close second to jdbvols.
Thanks for answering the nickname question, which I was going to ask. Never in a million years could anybody have guessed its origin.
1. I get to St. Louis on occasion only to use the airport to drive east. Is all of St. Louis as drab and depressing as its appears from the airport to the arch and east on I-64?
2. Another St. Louis question: Is there a ongoing conspiracy to make the arch look bigger on TV and movies than it is in real life?
3. Do you plan to get to Columbia to see the Vols play this fall?
Go Vols and thanks for being our constant moderator.
1) You're an NFL team with a need at QB and it's late in the 3rd round, do you draft Bray?
2) Filet, Rib Eye or Strip
3) Can you fix the A/C in Wes's ride and if so how much would it cost?
How bad is Traffic in the gateway to the west?
If I visited where in the world must I eat first?
Do they serve actual sweet tea?
IF the Rams won another super bowl would there be burning couches?
Could Dave Hart actually leave us for the Alabama opening?
There are only four answers to any question: Yes, No, I don't know, or the Correct Answer.
Dear "Whata Georgia Vol" (at least that's how I remember to spell it),
I'm just a 4 star?
1. Candace Parker or did you mean current? If current, I'm going Spani.
2. One food, regardless of diet? Past or present? Past, I could eat PB Max all day long. Present? I might go Shakespeare's Pizza in Columbia, MO. Their pizza is that good.
3. I'm going Fanta, but now I'd like a yoohoo for comparison.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports