In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1536
Online now 1305 Record: 6475 (12/7/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Our get to know a poster series continues with smasher. Smash, thanks for doing this. Please remember to pick a victim at the end of the day.
Smash, I don't know much about you. In 15 words, describe yourself.
What's the best thing to ever happen to you?
Do you prefer smash routes in football?
Have you ate at Smashburger?
Are you the Incredible Hulk?
Favorite Vol of all time?
Your dream vacation would be?
Where are you from?
What do you do for a living?
What's up, Vol fans? Happy to be doing this today. I'm at work so I'll be responding periodically throughout the day, but keep the questions coming and I promise I'll get to all of them.
What's up Smasher.
1. Favorite game you ever attended?
2. Bacon or sausage?
3. If you do go to cracker barrell, biscuits or cornbread?
4. If you hit the lottery what's the first thing you buy?
5. If it means we beat Bama in football next year you would do _____?
6. Favorite things to do when not watching Tennessee play and not on this board?
7. Favorite place to vacation?
"Give him six" "We don't give a damn about the whole state of Alabama" "Grit N Grind"
1) If your mom is alive, are you her favorite child? If not, why?
2) How many stitches have you had in your life?
3) If you were Kevin Ryan, would you claim to know Wes in public?
4) Why did Mark Richt lose control of my body weight?
5) Ever been to Congaree National Park? If not, why?
6) What's your favorite kind of German or Japanese car?
7) I'm 31 and feel old...do you have a cure for that?
8) Go Cubs.
15 words: Christian, Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend, Accountant, Vols Fan, Music Snob, Beer Snob, Guitar Player
Best thing: This is probably a cop-out answer, but my kids are pretty awesome. Heck of a lot of work, but I love 'em.
Worst thing: It's hard to say, but buying a condo in 2008 that is now completely underwater has been a major bummer.
I'm not partial to smash routes, I've never had a Smashburger, and I'm not the Hulk. But I'll clear up all the "smash" questions.... my user name comes from my oldest son whose name is Asher. He just turned 4 yesterday. When he was born we were really in to Friday Night Lights, so he got the nickname of Smasher (for Smash Williams, best running back in Texas HS football history).
1) I haven't followed long enough to go back too far in history, but right now if I had to pick a favorite it would be Arian Foster. And not for anything on the field. I just love his attitude. He's the perfect example of taking your work seriously, but not taking yourself too seriously. He's firm in his conviction, but he's also compassionate and not condescending. I don't agree with all of his worldviews, but he seems like a geniunely good person and a great role model for kids.
2) I follow an Instagram account that has been tweeting pictures of Bora Bora recently, and has made me really want to go there. If not that, I'd love to go to the Greek islands.
3) Grew up in Nashville (1983-2001), went to UTK (2001-2006), then moved to Chicago after grad school (2006-present). Probably will end up back in TN before eventually.
4) I'm an accountant. I'm the Assistant Controller at a printing/promotional products company in downtown Chicago. It's not sexy but I enjoy it.
1) The 6 OT game vs Arkansas in 2002 was a lot of fun.
2) Bacon... no, sausage... no, bacon... uhhhh, there is no wrong answer here, so they must both be right.
4) Does paying off my wife's student loans count as buying something? If not, my present to myself would probably be a big time TV/soundsystem. But I would have to get a super locked down entertainment center too or else my kids would surely ruin it.
6) Other than just relaxing and hanging out with family or friends over food/beer... I love music. I love going to concerts, and I love playing guitar.
7) I don't really have one favorite that I keep going back to because I like discovering new places more than just going somewhere to relax. My most recent favorite was a trip my wife and I took to Portland. It was such a fun city. If you like coffee, beer, music, tattoos, and people-watching, it doesn't get any better.
1) do you fish? If so what the biggest fish you caught, if not,WHY?
2) how many states have you visited?
3) how long have you been married?
4) how did you become a Vol fanatic?
Thanks for your time smash, go vols!
Thanks for answering my questions. Good call on the lottery one. That's a great answer, putting your wife above anything else. I always enjoy asking that one. Also great to see in an earlier post that your a Friday Night Lights fan (I loved Smash Williams character on the show). One of the greatest shows ever IMO.
1) Yes, and I'd like to think so. I am the oldest of three. I'm easily the most low maintenance, plus I gave her two grandsons to my siblings' zero. The grandkids probably puts me at favorite status on its own.
2) Not too many. I think three in my knee when I was about 10. Plus however many when I got my wisdom teeth out. I've never broken any bones or had major surgery so I've been pretty fortunate (knock on wood).
3) Maybe. It would depend on the crowd and Wes' mood. Night on the town after an arrest/incident free week for the Vols, then definitely yeah. In front of my bosses after a Vols coaching search, probably not.
4) I'm wondering the same thing about myself. Mark Richt is responsible for a lot of chaos and calamity it seems.
5) No, never heard of it. Tell me more.
6) Not really a car buff so I don't have a good answer. I've always liked Audi, though.
7) I wish. I have about 3 weeks left of being in my twenties. If I find a cure before then I'll let you know.
8) Go Cubs, indeed.
1) Not regularly, but when I do, I enjoy it. I can't remember how big the biggest one was, but a couple summers ago I went fishing in Lake Michigan and we caught the limit (about 25) of salmon. There were some monsters in there. Tasty, too.
2) 28: AL, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MI, MO, MS, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI
3) It'll be 8 years in June.
4) I became a Vol fanatic in college while I attended there. I actually was a Michigan fan for most of my life. My dad is from Ann Arbor, so he and my grandpa raised me on them. Embarrassing little secret about me: when I was a freshman at UT, I actually went to the Citrus bowl where we stomped Michigan, but I actually went as a Michigan fan. I had a vintage Wolverines jersey and everything. We sat in a group of UT fans and my dad made sure everyone knew that I was cheering against my own school so I got heckled pretty bad. It wasn't an overnight conversion for me, but I slowly let go of the maize and blue in favor of the orange. I still root for Michigan but it's not remotely close to the level of my Vols fandom.
I deleted it because you already answered. Sorry.
Your team. All the time.
No worries. You're still welcome to answer it again if you want.
Ok, I got a few....
1. You a legs, butt or boob man?
2. Number of Orange shirts in the closet?
3. I see you are a bean counter....so do the math and give us your accountants view on wins/losses this year.
4. Fried Chicken or Country Ham?
5. Not really a question, just my condolences for having to live up nawth.
Are you on Twitter?
Do you game?
What in the world did you Major in?
Rock, Country, Rap, Techno?
Outside of sports what is the best event you have ever been to?
There are only four answers to any question: Yes, No, I don't know, or the Correct Answer.
You said you were a beer snob... what are your favs and what kinds do you snub?
Have you filed your taxes yet or did you ask for a typical accountant extension?
What finally got you over that awful Michigan thing?
Not Smasher but I have an answer for number 7...I'm 64
Afternoon, Smasher, and thanks for playing...
1. Favorite Chicago italian? (Mine is Italian Villages)
2. which corner do you take your guests - Uno or Due?
3. Will Chelsea win it all this year (UEFA)?
4. What sport are you going to steer Asher towards?
Its not a stupid question until you ask it.
1) Whatever my wife is showing off.
2) I think 4. I got a UT basketball shirt for Christmas that is my new favorite (link below). I wear it pretty much every Saturday.
3) I'm predicting 6-6. That means the four obvious choices, plus 2 of Auburn, Mizzou and Vandy. None of those will be easy, but this team is more talented than it is given credit for (especially the defense), so if Butch is all he is supposed to be, it's not unreasonable to expect two of those games. It makes me uneasy that we with the schedule so hard up front, without some major upsets we are going to be set up to have to get hot down the stretch to make a bowl. Hopefully we come out of that tough part of the schedule with no major injuries and no loss of confidence.
4) Fried chicken
5) Thanks. The weather up here sucks so bad.
Buy Tennessee Volunteers Hoop Tri-Blend T-Shirt - Ash from the ultimate sports store and get our ultra fast 3-day shipping standard for only $4.99 and 365 day returns on any size order only at Football Fanatics!
1) I am. Probably too much. @willcatkins
2) I do, but not very seriously. I have an Xbox and I pretty much only play NCAA Football. I'll occasionally play some first person shooters with my younger brother when we hang out, but I'm terrible at them.
3) Surprise, surprise, I majored in accounting.
4) I'm a rock n roll guy. I like some electronic music, but I've mostly given up on rap and country. I like some of it, but not a regular part of my rotation.
5) Favorite non-sports event ever would probably be music-related. I saw Arcade Fire in college and it was the greatest concert I've ever been to. Their first album had just come out and they were still pretty unknown at the time. My friends and I drove up to Lexington to see them in a tiny bar of about 50 people and they just blew us away. Sounds dumb, but it was an incredible experience.
My favorite beers are usually IPAs or other really hoppy brews. There are several places up here in the Midwest that make some good stuff Bell's (Michigan), Three Floyd's (Indiana), Two Brothers (Illinois). There are two fairly new brewers in Chicago that I've been loving recently: Half Acre, which is just a couple blocks away from my house, and Revolution. I'm not sure how far those distribute, but if you ever see any of those places make sure to give it a try.
I filed already. Never done the extension thing. I'd rather just be done with it.
Not sure there was ever one thing that got me over it. It was a gradual conversion, and I still would say I pull for Michigan, just not when they are playing or recruiting against the Vols. It was more a deepening love for the Vols than it was getting over Michigan. And right now I am #FullButch #VFL.
Funeral is one of my all time favorite albums. I listen to it frequently from start to finish. Awesome music. Real music making.
Great answers, especially on the beers. I will watch for those IPAs on your recommendation as those are my brews of choice these days.
+1 smasher, and thanks for playing.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports