In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1051
Online now 1065 Record: 6475 (12/7/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Our get to know a poster series continues with tnbear66. Thanks for doing it, tnbear. Remember to pick a victim for next week at the end of the day.
1. What's the screen name about? I like to think it's a defense we used in the goalline stand against LSU a few years back.
2. Your thoughts on Coach Jones thus far?
3. Going to the spring game next year?
4. Can you talk about the first UT game of any sport you went to?
"Count it down with me. Five, four, three, two, one.
The national champion is clad in Big Orange!"
How old are you?
Which Bradley football uniforms were your favorite, The solid black, the bright yellow-gold, the Michigan style or the traditional Gold with black helmets.
I remember you saying you were retired military. What branch and where did you serve?
What did you do for fun?
What was it like to watch Tennessee win it's first National Championship in 1938?
1. Tn-obvious...Bear-HS mascot...66-year I graduated.
2. Saying and doing the right things. Especially with the lettermen. If you have a legacy as a team your either all in or not at all. JMO
3. Probably not.
4. Actually can't remember the first but some memorable games were Penn State in '71 or '72 can't remember which, Ky-Tn basketball game when Dale Ellis was playing...lots of great memories.
See item one from polirules answer. You better be glad I'm not a woman.
1) have you ever tried to wrestle a bear?
2) what's your weapon of choice from Home Depot during the zombie apocalypse?
3) if you could have a fake Wes Rucker twitter handle, what would it be?
4) crown royal or Jack Daniels?
5) if you could parachute out of a plane with one person, who would it be?
6) have you ever been butch slapped?
Black and Gold. I played for 'Red' Hensley' and he used the uni's as reward and punishment. If we played up to his standards we wore Black and Gold, if we did not we had to wear white with black lettering and stripes and gold trim around the numbers. One year we were playing our archrival Chattanooga Central(not downtown now). Before the game he told us to not put our socks or shoes on. When we were dressed he passed out white socks with red piping around the top and he said the red stood for blood and that's what he wanted. Those games were men only. You couldn't get away with that nowadays. Sorry for the reminiscence.
Great story! +1
Not retired but was career military until my wife died leaving me with a 5 1/2 year old baby girl who is now a Gunnery Sargeant in her 15 year in the Marine Corp.. I served four years in the AF and three in the Army before leaving to raise my daughter.. I served in Vietnam for over a year then Texas, Va., Ft. Campbell Ky.. I flew small planes until I lost my medical certificate...there's no more fun for me than flying unless it's playing with my grandkids.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by tnbear66 16 months ago
What was it like wearing the old helmets with no facemask?
I can't remember because I spent the entire game beating the crap out of a young snot who was wearing a jersey with the number 28 on it...whippersnapper...
Good Morning bear. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to answer the following questions. Good luck. This post will self destruct in due time.
A couple of "66" questions.
1. Chevelle SS or Mustang?
2. Beatles or The Stones?
3. How much younger is your wife than you?
4. Aside from CBJ, your thoughts on the new staff?
5. Any chance Wes is in Ryan's wedding?
6. Any chance Wes is in The Redhead's wedding?
7. Going to any games next year?
8. Will Bill Jones ever post again or is he too fed up with Janet's lies?
Have a Great Day and thanks for being on Hot Seat.
BUTCH IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. GO VOLS!
1. Yes. She swore she wasn't a bear but I'm still not convinced.
5. A guy with an extra 'shute or Gen. William G Boykin. Figure that out.
6. Nope...I duck to quick
You and 28 need a spanking for being disrespectful.. However, your not far off. We had a single bar until my sophomore year and then they went to the two bar. They were suspension helmets with canvas webbing...explains a lot my wife says.
This post was edited by tnbear66 16 months ago
1. Neither...'69 Firebird...bought it when I got back from 'Nam.
2. Stone's now known as 'the bones'.
3. Less than a decade more than five years
4. Really wanted to keep Pittman
5. Only if he needs a kneeling bench
6. Only if she so chooses
7. APSU...my almatomata
8. According to Allison Krause he's been shot by Janet's husband.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports