In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Good moring Tnbear,
Looks like I'm late to the party. Here's a couple for you.
1. What did you do after you left the military? How long?
2. Favorite meal?
3. Favorite Tennessee football game that you watched on TV or attended?
1. Did some mission work trying to find myself. 4 years.
2. Pot Roast, fried okra, cream potatoes, pinto beans and cornbread.
3. 1971 vs Penn State. Bobby Majors put on a show with 200 all purpose yards. I didn't like JoePa and always felt he was too sanctimonious for my taste so it was doubly sweet. They had Franko Harris, Lydell Mitchell and John Hufnagel in the backfield and all three became Pro's.
One more question since your a Veteran , every service member has one lady they will always remember whether you were married or not, one you came in contact with you will never forget. for example mine Cecilia- Rio De Janero. Pleading the fifth is ok too, if not favorite country visited?
LInda Johnson. Fun at first but you can't know how thankful I am we did not get married. BIG WHEWH!
1) Did you play basketball as well? If so, did you play against Townsend High school?
Mmmmm...., pot roast and fried okra. Making me hungry for lunch.
The Penn State game was my very first game that I attended at Nayland. I was only 9 yrs old then and I can't remember the whole game, but I do remember one of the greatest catches I've ever seen. I think it was Larry Seivers if I remember correctly. Just one of those things I'll never forget. I can see it in slow motion. Great play and great birthday present.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks poli for getting this rolling. tnbear is really bringing it today. Now for a couple of softballs:
1. Do you enjoy pro sports? If so, who are your favorite teams?
2. Top 5 favorite movies?
3. What are your favorite TV shows?
"Old School"! A strong defense wins championships!
1. Yes, but not as much as college sports. Falcons, Braves, Broncos. Not a big NBA fan.
2. Lonesome Dove, Any Bourne movie, Josey Wales, Open Range, Gran Torino. Ask me tomorrow and they might be different.
3. NCIS, Blue Bloods, Walking Dead, Justified, Burn Notice.
Are we going to have another get together in Atlanta when Vols play there again?
If so, will we use STATS??
had a great time T-bear..thanks for all you did!!
I'm for the get together but I doubt it will be Stat's. Rocky would probably have to be restrained. He was not happy with the way they handled their side of things. It was great to meet you and your family as well as all our other 247/Vol buddies.
tnbear, we share common interest in movies and tv shows. By your selection of movies, if you enjoy reading, let me suggest William Johnstone books. He has authored several great series including "The First Mountain Man", "The Last Mountain Man" and the "Eagles" series. Really enjoyable books.
I noticed you like the Bourne series also. I can't wait until the new "Jack Reacher" movie comes out later this week. I love the Lee Childs book series on Jack Reacher. Another great series is the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn. Great character development and lots of action.
Question for myself. Self, what is something you really hate to do. No brainer...change the screen protector on my Android without getting air bubbles. Any tips are appreciated
I'm doing Flynn and have read all the Ludlum written Bourne books. Ironically I don't read as much as I did before I retired but still do about 5-7 novels a month. I just donated 400+ hardbacks(I buy them off the sale tables) to the VA Hospital here in Atl. If you are looking for a great place for your books after you read them it's a great place if you have one close. Thanks for the tip on Johnstone I will try him. I am reading Patterson's 'I Michael Bennett' right now and it's very good. I'm not always a Patterson fan but this is a new character for him, or so I'm told. I like his Alex Cross series but it has kind of run it's course for me. Have you ever read Wilbur Smith? It's sort of like Patrick O'Brians 'Master and Commander' series without the 'Old English' literary style. I'll stop before this post turns into a novel. Thanks +1
Try the iVisor AG from Moshi. It's the best screen protector I've ever had and no air bubbles guarenteed. You can also take it off and wash it and re-attach it. Very good product. I found mine at an AT&T store. I assume they will have one for Androids. I have an iphone, myself.
tnbear: You got that right! Der Biergarten ended up with far superior STATS that evening. Who could have guessed that that night would be the highlight of the entire season?
So agree with you about Joe Pa. You and I were the first ones on the Hate Paterno Bandwagon and it all stems back to his childish behavior around those UT games in the early '70s. By the way, I hate being proved correct when the story is as grisly as that one.
Keep bringing the heat... you are getting it done!
Thanks, that would be awesome. My phone is laying here with a new screen protector on top waiting for me to start saying bad words as I try to attach it sans bubbles.
1. If you had an arch enemy in sports who would it be and why?
2. If we could lock you two up together in a cage match what would be your weapon of choice? Remember that person would get the same weapon as you.
3.If an actor could play you in a movie, who would it be and what kind of movie would it be?
1. Ray Lewis- I haven't liked him since the incident in Atlanta where the man was murdered.
2. F-S fighting knife. You have to know how to use it properly.
3. Robert Duval in a western. I'm better looking than him but he sure can act.
Chevy, Ford, Dodge, or Toyota?
Have you ever owned a Harley?
Where is your favorite fishin' hole?
For some reason, I can't think of any good questions today that haven't already been asked. So I guess I'll throw out some mediocre questions instead...
1. You mentioned living near Sandy Creek HS. Do you see a lot of the games down there?
2. If UT makes it to the SECCG in the next few years, would you be up for a return to Der Biergarten?
3. Jack Daniels Black, Single Barrel, or Honey?
Staff writer for govols247 — http://www.twitter.com/RyanCallahan247 — email@example.com
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Four Wheel Drive, Have an '04 that I wouldn't trade for a new one. I hit the bottom of Monteagle doing 70mph on cruise control with 4,000 lbs of trailer and horses behind me and she's still doing 60mphwhen we top out. That truck would climb a tree. Sorry for the long reply.
Know but had a Suzuki I laid down at 60mph outside Ft. Campbell. Wife was pregnant with our daughter and said 'me or the bike'.
Hiwassee River about halfway between the Power Plant and Webb's Grocery. There's an underwater ravine below a big rock outcropping and the trout lay in a big boil, just down river from the outcropping, and feed. Caught a four pounder there. Named him Fred...I ate Fred...took two meals for me and my wife to do it.
This post was edited by tnbear66 16 months ago
1. Usually a couple every year. That's a special program.
2. All day Every day!
3. I used to drink Jack but Sour Mash hurts my stomach for some reason. Crown. Honey is for BISCUITS!!!!! or Sorghum or Molasses...
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports