In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1230
Online now 1346 Record: 6475 (12/7/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
"When we step on that football field, everyone flips a switch. And it's on..." - Butch Jones
I have a coon hunting club near my rural estate in Smith County. In the interest of your rest and relaxation, would you like me to put in a good word for you?
Perhaps a romantic weekend getaway of raccoon huntin' for you and the redheaded significant other?
Just think of it--You, her, flashlights, Smokey all a yelpin', times 25 or so, and a gaggle of sweaty, country fellas. Well, that and the coon, of course. A terrified coon. Up a tree. But remember: they've got it coming to them!
And if the redhead doesn't appear interested at first, tell her that the club's members loooove to talk politics---faaaar rightwing politics. Oh, and they'd let her try to guess what critter produced each tooth on a large necklace of which they're very proud. A helpful hint on the dental quiz: their "stumper" is the bobcat molar.
Just turn off the paved road, and remember to paddle faster once you hear the banjos.
"Bravely taking to his feet, he beat a very brave retreat." Sir Robin's Minstrels.
Can u ask s boogie why he blocked me on the twitters? I've never even tweeted him before
This post was edited by bUTchSlapped 16 months ago
Formally known as govols011 - follow me on twitter @C_Dillard6
How does the poster rating system work here? My score keeps dropping, but I've looked through my last week of posts and can't find one downvote, but I have numerous upvotes on a lot of posts.
Not that big a deal, I'm just lost as to how it calculates and why it never goes up.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by Denver Vol 16 months ago
1) where do you see our good friend DaRick being drafted?
2) Do you ever see an SEC coach ever trying the triple option offense?
3) Are you somewhat surprised no one has transfered yet?
I'm obviously not Wes but I think I figured out how it works. I think your "score" is essentially your percentage of up votes. For instance, if your score is a 99 and you have 100 votes, then you have been up voted 99 times and down voted 1 time. Keep in mind though that just because you dont see a DV doesn't mean you haven't been DV'ed, it just means that if you were enough people have UV'ed you to offset the DV. If I am correct in this, then you have to keep in mind that a DV seemingly carries more weight when your score is high like yours. Ex. Lets say you have 99 votes. Of those 99 1 is a DV and 98 are UVs for a score of 99. That said, lets now say you make a post that pisses off 3 people. You now have 102 votes (4 DV and 98 UV) score drops to 96 (down 3 points). That said if those three people liked your post leaving you with 102 votes ( 101 up 1 DV ) your score stays the same at 99. Did I confuse you? Hell I could be wrong too.
This why I can never get past 95. I say one thing that is less than sunshine and I get d'ved.
Senior Writer, govols247
There is a famous story about Jimmy Carter when he was President. He would keep track of who was using the White House tennis courts at any time. Despite the fact this had absolutely nothing to do with the success of his job, he still did it. If Derek Dooley was president, would he be keeping track of who was on the White House tennis courts?
He'd probably keep track of who was in the White House bathrooms too...
1. Probably ... Conklin the most, honestly. Just a really good dude. But I also liked Chaney, Pittman and Coiner a lot. Just a lot of good dudes on that staff. It's a shame they didn't win more games.
2. Tough to say. Pittman's guys were the most vocal, but I know the secondary guys liked Ansley and Conklin a lot.
3. Too many to count. One of the most underrated was when he said, "You know, a lot of people like to say, 'There's no such thing as a dumb question,' but that's not really true." Rommel was gold. Offering a bribe for the first overweight player was good. The hilariously awful things he would yell at his kickers and punters from time to time on the practice field were solid gold. As I said ... too many to count. Hope the guy lands on TV somewhere.
4. Maggitt, for sure. And Randolph. All the O-line guys. Watch out for Nathan Peterman, Drae Bowles and Justin King at some point, too. Just tremendous kids, those three. There are more, too. I actually really like a vast majority of the guys Dooley brought in from a character standpoint. He understood that, for the most part, and got it right.
5. LaDarrell McNeil will be an absolute stud. I think those young receivers might be better than people think. Dan Gray will be a good player, IMO. And I really, really like Kenny Bynum. Was a flat-out recruiting steal, IMO. And as you'll see below, I really like Nate Peterman.
6. Pretty darn talented, IMO. Very strong, pretty darn athletic and spins the ball really well. It just looks good coming out of his hand. Strong arm, too. And a high-character kid. I just like him a lot, and I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a very good QB, especially in this system, at some point.
7. I'd rather jab a rusty spork in my eye than do either of those things.
8. Not yet, but I'm sure we'll get there.
Wes a few softballs,
1. What's your favorite kind of pizza.
2. What station is on your pandora/ spotify/ or other music player on? Favorite band/ singer?
3. Favorite and most hated college class
This post was edited by AldermanAl 16 months ago
There are only four answers to any question: Yes, No, I don't know, or the Correct Answer.
I think you're right, and here's why I think it's flawed...
If you have a post that gets 4 UV and 1 DV, what you see on the screen is "+3". In the score calc, though, that post would carry a value of 80%, because of the 1 DV. The score should calc off of the net score on any post, since that's presumably the community's ranking of what you contributed, versus the individual up and down votes.
I think that's why when I look through my posts all I see are upvotes, but my score continues to fall over time.
Again, it's not a big deal, but I'm a financial analyst for a living so I tend to want to understand things like this.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports