In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1. Thoughts on Arsenal's pickups of Giroud and Podolski?
2. Starting safety opposite of Brian Randolph to start the season?
3. Newcastle, Guiness, 1554, or Sam Adams Octoberfest?
Who are you trying to emulate when you project this crusty old bard persona? Hmm?
Senior Writer, govols247
Hank. Because everyone named Hank is a damn winner.
Swain and Rucker is broadcast every day from the Pepsi Next studio, and callers call use the Mountain Dew hotline to get ahold of us.
I've heard him chant "It's great ... to be ... Erik Ainge" on at least two separate occasions.
Chicken, for three reasons.
2) Fried chicken. My favorite food EVAR.
3) Chicken N' Dumplins. My other favorite food EVAR.
No you don't. You know nothing.
Just kidding. I heart you.
You guys are message boarding each other from the same couch, aren't you?
See what you hit; hit what you see.
I also would like to see every MLB stadium. I'd also like to do a London trip of pub crawls and soccer stadium crawls. I'd also like to step foot on every continent. Except Antarctica. Because cold weather sucks.
I'd also like to run a marathon. Just kidding. Running sucks. And it's boring.
No. I'm on the couch.
He's in the chair.
1a) Not kidding: Uncovering/writing stories about kids who have overcome a lot on and especially off the field to get where they got. I love those stories. My absolute favorites.
1b) The lack of time off. I never get to turn off my brain. Makes you feel like going crazy sometimes. I have nights occasionally where I cuss and yell a lot and say, "I'm over this (ish)." Then I get up the next day and realize I love what I do. But I'd like more time off.
2) Books. I don't have time for anything else these days. I read a lot between midnight and 3 a.m. It's my me time. I'm rarely happier than I am when I'm at a baseball field, though — whether it's an MLB game or college game or minor league game or my brother's HS games. I just love baseball. Always have, always will. It's the best.
3) Yes. I like covering college hoops more than I like covering college football. I don't dislike college football at all. I like it a lot. I just like college hoops more.
Holly isn't in over her head. She looks like she can handle this job. Now ... how well she'll do in recruiting and tactics and all that ... I don't know. I'm no expert in that area. But she can handle the mantle that you're on with the Lady Vols hoops job. She looks like she's ready. She looks the part ... more than I thought she would, for sure. She's not in over her head, I don't think.
Nope. Her parents made two boys and one girl — one really, really, hot girl. And she's all mine.
I love most juices, except tomato juice.
Love orange juice, love apple juice, love grape juice, love cran-grape — that might be my favorite.
Fruit punch is my absolute favorite non-soda, non-beer, though. I could jump in a pool of fruit punch and be the happiest person ever.
I recommend Colin Powell's new book to you - "It Worked for Me - In Life and Leadership", where he talks alot about your answer to 1b - not being able to turn it off.
Good for entertainment — including my entertainment — bad for journalism.
I really, really wish the everyday person could tell the difference between those sites and true news sites, but they can't.
I like to spend he spends all his free time finding athletic women to mate with and produce Cubs OFs for several generations.
In reality, though, he's been working with the Marlins. That's what he was doing last I heard, anyway.
Followup question: Do you think that's because the national media (both general news and sports-oriented) have gravitated towards scandal and catering to specific audiences over objective reporting?
1) Best part: Learning just how good of a guy/husband/father he is. Just a genuinely good guy. We become better friends all the time, but we're too busy to schedule too many cookouts and stuff because we're never free at the same time. Gotta get the Swains over to the new house for a BBQ, though. His ribs and chicken were fantastic — I mean, the dude can grill — but I will find a way to beat him. Even if I have to hire a ringer.
2) Worst part: People disagreeing with me just because they don't like me, and people agreeing with Swain just because he's a former Vol. That VFL card is BS, man.
(Note: I'm kidding on No. 2. Nothing bad about getting to know Swain.)
He left his alma mater before coming to UT. I mean ... that says a lot.
Never say never, but I could see him being here a long time if it works out. He and his family love this area.
Maymon, because Stokes a lot of times blocks out the other team's best rebounder and leaves space for Maymon to get boards. That's what they did last season, anyway.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports