In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
WES!! I feel like I'm in Tha twilight zone ! Is tn the only basketball team that thinks they don't need a point guard. It's every single year we never have an elite or even average pg. is Landry gonna be that guy? Cuz were never gonna be consistent winners if we don't get a pg. PG PG PG !!!!
Great questions and comments, Runner.
1) I think it's more lopsided than it should be, but the Vols are very physical on the defensive end and don't consistently pound the ball toward the rim on offense. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I also think the Vols have a bit of a lower profile this season, and they've not earned a rep that gets you calls. McRae is starting to get them, though. He's starting to earn it. Stokes, however, is not.
2) Great question. I should ask. This would be much easier to do with Makanjuola and Hall in the lineup than with Stokes out there.
3) I don't think. I think with Reese and Moore emerging and other factors, this team will be better late in the season. How much better? I don't know. But better.
4) I think the problems are more connected than many people have discussed. Maymon helped them get into their offense time and time again last season. JMO.
Senior Writer, govols247
1) Better than last season. Still mid-pack SEC at best, though, IMO. Need more pop at the plate, IMO.
2) No. But I'm not sure anyone will. Lady Vols will never fall off the map, though, IMO. They'll always recruit well and almost always be relevant on the national level.
When you get done with your workout at Mellow Mushroom, why don't you come ask me a question?
Our get to know a poster series continues with allwillbeorange. Thanks for participating AWBO. Remember to pick the next victim at the end
Another question (if that's allowed):
Do you think this Manti Te'o story is legitimate? If so, could this be one of the biggest cons not just in the history of college football, but of the world?
1) I think UT's class will be ranked higher than Vandy's at the end of the day. Fringe Top 20 class, IMO. They'll have to close like gangbusters to break into the top-15 area, though. But that's a much better question for Ryno, and I'll defer to him.
2) Not sure. Maybe 50,000 or so.
They know they need a PG.
That's just not an easy position to recruit good players.
You can get 'em, no problem. But will they be any good? And will they fit your system? You don't know, beyond the top guys.
Cuonzo hasn't been in Knoxville forever. Let's see how he responds. Fair is fair, right?
Eating wings tonight at trivia night, foo.
What will be the biggest storylines going into spring practice?
Where will all the tweeners on the defensive line/linebackers play?
Who is going to be the playmaker on offense other than pig?
Are you ready for the snow/did you enjoy your trip to Lexington?
I don't know what to believe, but Deadspin's story seems more believable than Notre Dame's explanation.
I try not to compare sports to other things, but that would be a heck of a con.
To follow up on answer #4, I had a conversation today with someone who said the problem with our PG is really because of Maymon, because the way the offense worked last year Maymon really initiated the offense like a PG. Your take?
The time period between December 26 when ND found out about it and the title game really makes them look bad. Especially since the press was still talking about him and the girl friend even apparently during the game. That whole saga was a major part of his back story and the build up to the awards!
This apparent coverup will be a huge story in the days to come and is a huge black eye for Notre Dame. Agree, Wes?
BUTCH IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. GO VOLS!
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports